DR.A.P.J.ABDUL KALAM ON THE IMPORTANCE OF “LIFE AND TIME” IN OUR LIFE
The key is in not spending time, but in investing it –Stephen R. Covey
Will be discussing 5 very important LIFE-TIME principles that can change one’s personal and professional life,can positively impact other’personal&professional life and can change an organisation one is associated with,as also the community /society one is part of and how one is perceived by others.
1) TIME&LIFE :-The basic&most important of these principles is an understanding that there are 2 things in the world which are NON-NEGOTIABLE / NON-RENEWABLE -LIFE&TIME.Hence very important to understand the VALUE OF TIME in one’s life and the UNCERTAINTY OF LIFE itself.
2) TIME PLANNING & MANAGEMENT :-We do financial planning for very distant future, whereas we do not have any planning even for the present for perhaps the most valuable resource in our hand and LIFE-TIME. Time is MONEY /GROWTH /KNOWLEDGE / RELATIONSHIPS / BRAND EQUITY etc-IE) WHAT WE DO WITH OUR TIME DECIDES WHAT WE ARE / WHAT WE ACHIEVE / HOW WE ARE PERCEIVED BY OTHERS.
3) DEFINE OUR LIFE GOALS WITH CLARITY &WORK TOWARDS THEM :- If we are to make very effective use of our TIME and our LIFE,we need to define with clarity our LIFE GOALS-Personal&Professional, all broken down in to actionable steps to achieve them. Do all thing in your life and spend effectively your time, predominantly with focus on this – Defining sub-goals, Milestones to achieve at different points of our LIFE,One’s Learning, Net-Working, Friends&Relationships,Career Planning etc Short /.Medium /Long term goals to be evaluated against achievements,on an ongoing basis to keep one on track.
4) TIME IS PRICELESS :- The golden rule is do not trade your most precious resource of your LIFE-TIME for NIL VALUE (TIME-WASTING) and even some limited money value .FIND WAYS AND MEANS OF EXPANDING YOUR EFFECTIVE TIME AVAILABILITY TO ACHIEVE LIFE GOALS.
5) EXPANDING YOUR EFFECTIVE TIME AVAILABILITY :- There are many ways you can expand your effective time availability – Proper delegation, Automation, Outsourcing to right people the right things (Carefully evaluate before delegating or outsourcing whether it needs to be done at all.otherwise you will spend your precious resource-TIME-managing them instead of doing them) Gaining Skill&Knowledge to do things,which you need to personally do faster, Net-Works&Relationships which can save TIME for each other and so on to expand and multiply your effective TIME availability.
Do not try to reinvent the wheel, as a matter of rotine at various stages of your personal & professional LIFE,as it may consume the precious resource-TIME.Also there is no great fun in celebrating Birthdays,unless the year gone by has been one of Fulfillment&you have clear plans for the oncoming year,as otherwise it is only a reminder of a wasted precious year in your uncertain LIFE.The above LIFE-TIME PRINCIPLES,if followed well can truly create LIFE/ORGANISATION / SOCIETY changing positive impacts